14 March 2015

The Beast


So glad that I have more time to blog recently. The problem with my job is that when it gets busy, it's really busy. And when it's less busy, there's still stuff to do but at least I don't have to think about it 24/7. I usually blog during my commute to work. But on busy days, I will be thinking about my job on the commute. When the project's done, it's back to blogging on the commute.

Everyone has obsessions. What is your obsession? For me, that would be fried chicken. It's a dish which is easy to cook but requires some creativity to differentiate one from another. 

I visited The Beast on a Sunday morning. The Beast is actually a bourbon bar and serves Southern American style chicken which the chicken is usually marinated in buttermilk. Think Popeyes. 

They have bar tables on the first floor which was pretty cool and more seats on the second floor. 






If I cannot eat fried chicken in heaven, then I shall not go.







We ordered The Big Breakfast ($22+) to share. It comes with boneless fried chicken drizzled with speciality sauce, candied bacon, sunny side up on a buttermilk biscuit. Bad idea because on hind sight, I would want the whole thing myself. The fried chicken was crispy and juicy. It was enveloped in a sauce which was cheese sausage. The sauce tasted like a combination of melted cheese and chicken stock. Overall it was a really good piece of chicken. 

However, the accompanying buttermilk biscuit did not meet my expectations. It was hard and I wish it tasted more buttery.


No Makers Mark or Moonshine in the morning for us. We got ourselves the southern sweet tea. Despite having a huge lemon, the tea was sweet not sour. Tasted a little syrupy. 

We didn't see the legendary Beast on Sunday morning. Guess it was either sleeping in or eaten up the night before.



The Beast currently serves brunch only on Sunday mornings. If you are looking for some sinful food on a weekend where it isn't crowded, The Beast would be a good choice provided you have not max out your calories limit for the weekend.

Note: The Beast has a 1 for 1 main course promotion on The Entertainer 2015 app. I regretted that I forgot to check my app. It's really quite worth it with The Entertainer app.


Address: 17 Jalan Kappla S(199329)

Tel: 62950017

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...